By: Rose Marie Jarry
Preparation time: 15 minutes+ 90 MINUTES of cooking
12 servings (Gluten-Free, vegan)
- 750g of whole tomatoes, not too ripe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberry
- 1 cup mixed berries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 6 fresh chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Chop the tomatoes and place them into a medium size sauce pan.
- Add all ingredients except for the chive and scallions.
- Let it cook on high heat until it starts boiling, then reduce to low heat and let it simmer for 90 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir once in a while to make sure it is not burning on the bottom of the pan.
- At the end all the water should be gone and you should have a thick texture.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh chopped herbs.
- Let it cool down and keep it refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 week.
- Serve with your favorite meat of fish or even with veggie burger and fries or a garniture in your sandwiches.