By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 2 Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ cup potatoes, diced
- ¼ cup potato flour or flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon old fashion mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon cold press olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan cheese such as Daiya’s brand
- Salt and pepper.
- Steam the diced potato and the 2 brussels sprouts for a good 20 minutes unto the potatoes are very soft.
- Then, mash the potato along with all the spices and scallions. Save the vegan cheese for the end.
- Add the flour or flakes into the potatoes and mix well, form 2 patties with the potato mix and place a brussel sprout in the middle. Cover it with some potato mix and you have your stuffed patty.
- Heat up a pan on high heat and cook with a little bit of oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish each burger with the vegan cheese.Then place the pan in the oven to bake an extra 10 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad and some homemade salsa on the side. You could serve it as a traditional burger as well if you wish, on buns and some condiments.