By: Whole Foods Market®
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons oat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup slivered, blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Toss together oats, flour and almonds in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, oil, almond extract, nutmeg and salt. Add to the oat mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Spread mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake, stirring occasionally to break up lumps, until deep golden brown, fragrant and just dry to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.