The mission of a Spartan Volunteer is to create an unforgettable experience for racers and spectators, to enforce obstacle rules for all racers as fairly as possible, and to assist the medical team as their “eyes” on course. But the most important rule is to have fun!
Every Spartan Crew Member is valuable to the Spartan Community and we want you to feel that way each time you volunteer. We appreciate your time, your smiles, your effort, your energy. and how giving you all are. We couldn’t do this race without you, so we want to give you the best volunteer experience we can!
- Free Spartan Volunteer T-shirt
- Free Lunch Pack and Water
- Free Parking (excluding city sprint events)
- Free Entry to Festival Area
- Race credits towards Australian and New Zealand Spartan Races
Volunteer Race Credits = Races:
- 4 hours of volunteering = Free Kids Race
- 7 hours of volunteering = Free 5K Sprint
- 14 hours of volunteering = Free 10K Super OR 4HRHH
- 21 hours of volunteering = Free 21K Beast or Super/Sprint Combo
- 28 hours of volunteering = Free 50K Ultra or Beast/Sprint Combo
- 35 hours of volunteering = Free Trifecta
About the Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteering at any Spartan Race is extremely rewarding and you don’t need previous experience to take part. We want you to be highly enthusiastic, motivated, feel comfortable volunteering in a fast-paced working environment and most importantly, to have lots of fun and have a great experience!
Volunteer Roles & Descriptions:
Course Marshal: Located on the course at an obstacle you will be providing plenty of encouragement for all participants as they run, crawl, climb and throw their way to victory! Don’t forget the most important rule… Failure = 30 Burpees!!!
Registration: Welcome and register all race participants for the day.
Bag Drop: Our manned locker service for racers to safely store their belongings while they race.
Finish Line: Welcome the victorious racers back with big smiles and high praises for their efforts! Make sure that every racer receives a well-deserved medal, finisher T-shirt and water.
Kids Race: Be involved with the juniors aged 4-14 years old as they compete for glory as well!
Festival: Keeping the Festival area a safe and tidy environment for everyone to enjoy and assisting with the car parking area management and organisation. Or assist with the start line to ensure racers are in their correct wave.
Signature Race Day Shifts
- AM shift: 5:45AM to 12:45PM
- PM shift: 11:00AM to 6:00PM
- All Day: 5:45AM to 6:00 PM
- You can also use hours towards the kids race
Please click here to find the Spartan Australia Volunteers private group on Facebook and request to join. Here you can interact with other like-minded volunteers and me to discuss pre-race arrangements and post all your awesome race day photos!
Thank you for being a part of our Spartan Community. We couldn’t do this without you!
If you have any questions about volunteering at a Spartan Race please email email@example.com