Provided By: Whole Foods Market®
Start the new year with something bright and beautiful. Sweet carrot juice and floral cardamom pods create a refreshing spin on the Mimosa. Serving a crowd? Mix a big batch of the juice and syrup ahead of time in a pitcher then top off with sparkling wine before serving.
- 10 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup carrot juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup sparkling white wine, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine cardamom, sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. Strain syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and refrigerate until cold before using. Makes about 1/2 cup syrup. Syrup can be made in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Pour 1 tablespoon syrup into each of 2 sparkling wine glasses or other small glasses. Divide carrot juice and sparkling wine between the glasses and serve.
Check out this how-to video for this easy and impressive cocktail:
Per Serving: 110 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mgcholesterol, 40mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates, (0g dietary fiber, 13g sugar), 1g protein.
Serves 2, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, low sodium, vegan, fat free, low fat
Note: We’ve provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we’re cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information.
For healthy eating tips, hundreds of recipes, cooking techniques, meal plans and more, visit Whole Foods Market’s Healthy Eating resources.