By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 2 5-ounces tuna fillet (1/2 to ¾ inch thick maximum)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Make marinade by mixing all the marinade ingredients together.
- Marinade tuna in marinade for at least 30 minutes. You can even do it overnight in the fridge for maximum flavor.
- Heat up the grill to a high temperature – around 450-500F.
- Mash up the avocado, adding salt, pepper and garlic cloves.
- Spread the avocado mix on top of one tuna fillet. Add a layer of sliced onion on top of this avocado mix. Then place other tuna fillet on onions. You should have a raw tuna, avocado, and onion sandwich of sorts.
- The best thing to do now is to tie your tuna stuffed tuna fillets together with two pieces of twine. This will keep your masterpiece from falling apart when flipping.
- Put on hot grill. Spread honey on one side of fillet. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Flip.
- Add honey on other side, and cook for additional 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with salad. Enjoy.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.